7 easy STEPS to DONATE SKIN
- Beware and ensure that the deceased meets the eligibility criteria
- Suggest and get the consensus of willingness amongst heirs of the deceased to donate the skin.
- Call the Helpline of Skin Bank or MahaBhodhi Burn centre @ Victoria Hospital within 4 hours, preferably 2 hours from the last breath.
- Identify a suitable secluded place within the residence and provide a bench or a narrow bedstead for the ease of swift harvesting of skin by the dedicated team coming from the Skin Bank
- Arrange for the receiving the team from Skin Bank and meet the heirs for an informed consent
- Allow the team to harvest the skin in a dignified manner from the selected parts of the body which does not interfere with customary last rites and dressing of the parts.
- Collect the “Certificate of Honour” in the name of deceased for saving someone’s life – which can be framed to be put up on the wall.
[button class=”btn tp-btn-default” url=”http://rotaryskinbank.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/CONSENT-FORM.pdf”]Skin Donation Consent Form[/button]